Sunday 21 August 2016

Portraits and some updates


I have been continuing my new linocut project, but this one is taking some time to carve out, here is the progress on it:


Still have some corners to deal with, but most of it is done. In the meantime, I wanted to get back to practice some drawing and decided get back to doing some portraits.


This is a portrait of the author Ray Bradbury and it was done with Derwent drawing pencils and a few Derwent Coloursoft. I decided to leave color out in order to simplify the portrait and concentrate in getting the features and values right.

Finally, since this one went quite well, I have started a new portrait (also done with Derwent Drawing pencils) of Juliana, a character in the TV series "Man in the High Castle":


I will be posting the progress on this one and hopefully it will go as well as the last.


No comments:

Post a Comment