Sunday 21 February 2016

New Prints and New Papers


Some time ago I have bought a few new papers to try with diversified techniques (from top to bottom): Fabriano Bristol Paper (Smooth), Daler and Rowney Pastel Paper Block, Schut Drawing Paper and Arches Watercolor Paper Hot-pressed. 


I have started to make some test with the papers, to see how they behave with different techniques, but I have not a complete piece with any of them. 

I can say the Fabriano paper does not handle watercolor or other water media (like watercolor pencils) very well. But seems great for graphite or pen drawings. 

I am finally done with the lino cut for my uncle's dog, and I am very happy with the result:


Took me a while to get all that fur completed carved away, but the patience payed off.

I used Caligo Safe Wash Relief Ink, so I can then apply water media do the prints. The possibilities are endless with these inks, since you can combined with almost any media, which is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment